Here’s some great thought starters from Meg Guiseppi for building your personal brand. Meg is a certified personal branding strategist and she writes for the Brand Yourself Blog. Some great points for those who want to move out of the pack of Lemmings!
Below we have listed the 10 steps Meg discusses (Click here for Meg’s article). We have also highlighted those items that can be objectively uncovered through one of our powerful assessments. These assessments will accurately answer these questions and give you a clear direction on how to position your personal brand, how to communicate that brand, and what types of positions you are best suited for.
1. What is your vision and your purpose?
2. What are your values and passions?
3. What are your top goals for the next year, 2 years, and 5 years?
4. Do a self-assessment of your top brand attributes.
5. What are your core strengths or motivated skills?
6. Get feedback from those who know you best – at work, at home, anywhere.
7. Do a SWOT (Strengths – Weaknesses – Opportunities – Threats) analysis on yourself.
8. Who is your target audience?
9. Who is your competition in the marketplace and what differentiates you from them?
10. Remember the 3 Cs of personal branding: